The Black Legion

Welcome to Black-Legion. Bestforumlive.com! You're encouaraged to register, but no ones forcing you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Black Legion

Welcome to Black-Legion. Bestforumlive.com! You're encouaraged to register, but no ones forcing you!

The Black Legion

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for anything Warhammer 40, 000 related, especially Heretics!

3 posters

Using GW logos

Ultramarines Eater
    A Single Poster

Using GW logos Empty Using GW logos

Post  Ultramarines Eater Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:19 pm

Isn't it infringing copyright and a good way to get a Cease and Desist order for using Games Workshop logos in your site's banner?
    Just saying.

Down With Ultramar!

Ultramarines Eater
    Lord of the Wolves
    Lord of the Wolves
    Hopeful

Using GW logos Empty Re: Using GW logos

Post  Lord of the Wolves Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:26 pm

I dunno, I'll rage though if they knock this site down. Knowing the mod team I hope it goes well.

If not I have a female friend that loves to do logos and fancy stuffs.

Samus
    Samus
    Admin

Post  Samus Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:42 pm

It should be fine, I hope. It's not for profit, so it should be fine Very Happy
    Ultramarines Eater
    A Single Poster

Post  Ultramarines Eater Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:53 pm

Just beccuase it's not for profit doesn't mean it's illegal I'm afraid. Stealing a car and adopting it as your daily drive is still against the law, even if it isn't for profit.
    The yellow eight-pointed star is fine because that is representative of more things than chaos undivided (I'm fairly sure Hindus or maybe Baha'i use it, but don't quote me on that and correct me if I'm wrong), but the Black Legion symbol is GW copyright and they can propably get you for it I'm afraid.
    You'll notice that Bolter and Chainsword, Warseer and Dakka Dakka only use icons that are suggestive of the hobby; this is to prevent them getting C and D orders.
    You could try looking for a copyright-free image on a search engine like Creative Commons for images they can't get you for, but logos are notoriously difficult to find.

If all else fails, you might have to just stick with your eight-pointed star I'm afraid.
    Samus
    Samus
    Admin

Post  Samus Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:26 pm

I'll see what happens. If the forum gets up to speed, I think I'll ask someone to make something original. The current banner was just something I threw together because I was sick of the preset Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 3:34 pm